True North's Archive

Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Old Man and the "C" . Birthdays, boys and more.


With so much to catch up on, I figured I could get away with a rather all-encompassing blog post.

First and foremost, the "head of our household" celebrated his double-digit birthday!
Happy 10th  Birthday Will E. Wonka!!!!!!!

Chaucer giving his "daddy" birthday kisses. mmm.. slobbery. 

I often refer to Willy as "My heart and Soul". I mean that more and more each time I say it.
Will E. Wonka has this big fat face he loves on you with, and there is no greater comfort on earth.
Willy loves TT!

For his big day, we went to their favorite spot, Sullivan's Island Beach and they had a blast. The very second they hear, "leashes on!" ,they run to the gate, waiting. Willy, of course, looking back constantly to make sure he is beating Chaucer to the gate!!

The two are inseparable, but comically competitive. Willy every so often puts Chaucer in check so he knows he is still the Man of the house. Chaucer playfully obliges and submits.

Always at my side, these two are just a joy to own. Chaucer has grown up so much and is so kind-hearted. 

He will steal a toy from Willy. Parade around him, "showing off" and / or taunting Willy to come get it.



Then he feels bad.
And gives it back to him.



Last night, in fact  the two little buggers decided to take a trip around the neighborhood.  Because the boys are always in the back "workshop" with Timmy and I, neither of us noticed them gone.


He loves that screwdriver.


 With our sanders going on full blast and focus on the furniture at hand, it wasn't until Trouble 1 and Trouble 2 came back in,  that we realized their little escape.
Chaucer debating if he wants to steal my sander or my screwdriver. 

 They both dunked their fat faces in the water bowl and then collapsed under the ceiling fan panting. Will had a very proud and smug look on his face as if to say "yup, I still go it" and Chaucer was just delighted that he got away with being naughty. 


Willy (left) and Chaucer (Rt)
They must have worn themselves out because the two haven't budged since they passed out last night!
Chaucer wraps himself and his long fury legs around Willy as they sleep.


They are always in a "snuggle" ball, snoring away together. 
It is usually difficult to tell where one Newf ends and the other begins!


Chaucer "spoons" Will. He wraps his legs around Willy's head and snuggles. It's hilarious! 
 Poor Willy gets squished by cubby chauc  on a nightly basis (but I think he secretly loves it). 

They are always tangled up in each other. I get such a kick out of this father/son bond. 
Chaucer's foot squishing Willy's head!




The boys love the beach and car rides. Especially in Timmy's small Honda Accord. 
They literally jump into his backseat. My SUV must be just too spacious and comfortable for them!


We went to our favorite beach, Sullivan's the other day for "night-time" fishing.
Chaucer is DEFIANTLY beginning to live up to the water-dog he is supposed to be!
He LOVES chasing the ghost crabs and he actually can catch and then stomp them!



Willy would rather watch me fish and lay on my feet to keep me warm. Again-
heart. and. soul. 



Chauc (left) and Willy (sleeping- right)

In the end, the two come snuggling over onto my beach towel and lay on my lap....
that is until chaucer sees something moving (crab) and he darts.
Willy taking a Nap


Chacuer searching for crabs. Willy is pooped and napping.

Willly relaxing with Mama. Chaucer, again, searching for crabs.







They love the beach. Thank GOD!!! Because I'm not leaving this beautiful place anytime soon! 






So my dearest Will- 
Happy Birthday to You  
Squashed tomatoes and stew
Bread and butter in the gutter,
Happy Birthday to You.
From good dogs and true,
From old dogs and new,
May good luck go with you,
And happiness too.

Happy Decade Will E. Wonka.  I love you, fat-face. 
Will (front) and C (back)

They also helped mama ring in her 27th birthday!







... that sounds soooo old. 


Timmy went and scooped them up and brought them to our new favorite spot on Shem Creek so they could ring in midnight with me. 





It was quiet, simple and nice. Me and my 3 boys...

Not a  bad way to spend your birthday...