True North's Archive

Monday, August 27, 2012

Sets In The City





I'll admit it, without hesitation, I am addicted. 
I blame/thank my "coach" for this one-- Timmy created a monster!


Learning to play a sport as an adult isn't easy-
especially with the competitive personality I have.
But Timmy is not only amazing at the sport, but he is a natural coach.



In the  beginning, I made Timmy do "double sessions" with me. Early in the morning before work, we hit the court, and then immediately after work, also. 




It is my favorite part of my day, especially when I beat Timmy 3-1 regularly! 







"I think one of the greatest joys I have now in my career and in my profession is to be playing at an age where I can appreciate it more than I used to... It's a whole different lens you look through the older you get. "





It's surprising to me how easily I picked it up.
Maybe it's my obsession with the sport, or perhaps, as adults, we learn better/differently


Or maybe it's the coach.


My serve still leaves much to be desired, but we're getting there! 



I should have known I'd love tennis-
a sport where you HAVE to wear a skirt--
perfect!
Court couture from fashion houses across the ages has lent the sport an air of debonair sophistication. 
And to me, that is a perfect set!

Things I LOVE:

Donnay Formula 100

pink "survival" balls (that's my name for them.. )

Puma Tennis dresses 






 I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. 
I've lost almost 300 games. 
26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed.
 I've failed over and over and over again in my life.
 And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan