True North's Archive

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What You Make of It

Cottage-Chic
 night stand. (it was an old wooden outdated one before)

In the movie Silverado, Stella says to Payden: 


"The world is what you make of it, friend.
 If it doesn't fit, you make alterations." 


...to which he quickly responds...


 "I'll drink to that."

So... I made a few alterations the past few weeks... 








Bedroom Chandelier I made 


My bedroom lamp made out of old hat


Shabby Lamp shade to match my blue office


Bird cage and blue vintage flower


Office chair I painted, distressed, and cushioned 


Back view.. I love the flower


the dog's toy chest


Old night stand I re-purposed into file cabinet for office and distressed




Shelf in office and pretty Willow angel Aunt Peg sent me
Cheap Ikea bookshelf (before)
Front of Shelf


 (after) Book shelf after I shabby chic'ed it


Painted the frame and distressed it and put a blue trim


Distressed red kitchen table






My kitchen table


Red chandelier I made for the kitchen/dinning area
ugly wood chair and table set
Desk (now) aka former ugly table- after




Remember the re-purposed blue table? Here it is as my desk











 (not quite finished) Jacci's bed- repainting a massive post bed before the baby is born!

Jacci's bed in stages


annnddd still.... not done!




The stones were in my head the entire time I worked on Jacci's bed (finished product picture to 

follow). 

My finger nails were literally looked Gothic. I dreamed in black for days... and humming (off key, 

of course) the entire time like a mad woman: 

" I see a red door and I want it painted black. No colors anymore I want them to turn black.." 









Bed I "Shabby Chic'ed" for a friend
Close up


Sand/seashell mirror I made for Timmy


Tim's room that I made a solid Nautical Theme- nightstand



Cushion headboard I made from Nautical room and oars




Toille stairs I made for Chow Chow so he can a) look out the window and b) it'd match


(wo)man's best friend- with Byron quote written around it.


Down stairs dog bed made from a dress- for Willy
Before (wretched) - Baby Connor's chair





Baby sign


Distressed shelf
Finally! It's done! Connor's baby chair (front)


Connor's chair (before)



From a different angle 



Back of chair


Another baby chair 


Distressed side table
After (sorry- no before)- distressed black side table/night stand




old wood desk- before
After!! Distressed black








Side table to match (obviously repurposed)

"If they give you ruled paper, write the 



                     
                            
                              t


h


               e


                             r

 way."


Author: Juan Ramon Ramerez