True North's Archive

Monday, July 11, 2011

'Let no man look down on your youth.'.




The meaning of the name Timothy is: One who honors God.


The biblical Timothy was the young Christian to whom Paul wrote.
 'Let no man look down on your youth.'.



How apropos, concidering
 a.) timmy acts like a big kid and
b.) his beautiful niece loves the cross he wears around his neck (in fact, in church, she points to teh crucifix on the wall and goes- "it's a T for TIM!"
It's Tim! (Maryn says every time she sees her Uncle Tim)



Timothy also meanss: horrible at darts (it must be my age and gender that makes me better than you).
kidding.... (sorta) 
My very first friend in Charleston, I am eternally thankful for everything you do for me.
It's literally a miracle the day I met you.
I'd be lost.




We're sort of like piss 'n vinegar. Tim always thinks he's right...
I always am right.




But in the end, he is my bestest friend here.
And the greatest uncle Willy and Chow could ever ask for.





A certain birthday boy, did not know know the renowned, amazingness of the one and only James Taylor – (he'll get defensive right about....NOW haha)

but I figured this was a perfect way to wish you happy birthday then to introduce you to a little JT..


You've Got a Friend Lyrics:
When you're down and troubled and you need a helping hand
and nothing, whoa, nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me and soon I will be there
to brighten up even your darkest nights.

You just call out my name, and you know where ever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you have to do is call and I'll be there, yeah, yeah,
you've got a friend....


Typical.

If the sky above you should turn dark and full of cloudskeep your head together and call my name out loud.
Soon I will be knocking upon your door.
You just call out my name, and you know where ever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you have to do is call and I'll be there.
 Hey, ain't it good to know that you've got a friend? People can be so cold.
They'll hurt you and desert you. Well, they'll take your soul if you let them,
oh yeah, but don't you let them.


 You just call out my name, and you know where ever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you have to do is call, Lord, I'll be there, yeah, yeah,
you've got a friend. You've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
Oh, yeah, yeah, you've got a friend..."

(promise, promise).

HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY (ITSAMY) TIMMY!!!

This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.



Cheers to you, my dearest friend



 
     
and let no man look down on your youth...
Thank you for being you.