True North's Archive

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Love Many Things.





To avoid specifics but to sum it all up, due to unforeseen circumstances, our house and everything in it was lost. So, alone and unraveled in Charleston, I had to quickly find a home for myself, Willy and Chaucer while maintaining some sense of sanity, hope, ohh.. and Christmas spirit. 

In the midst of all of this, I almost lost all faith in humanity. Seriously, I was very much under the impression that people are bad, greedy and horrific (I know, I know.. bah-humbug!!) But then someone or something comes along and restores your belief that life really is Wonderful. And, I cringe being so cliche, but perhaps it all happens for a reason. 



I was worried about the dogs.. moving again and in an unfamiliar house...




Our new House. The blue cottage on the ocean. Not too Shabyy, eh?

Will E. Wonka



Doesn't look to sad to me :) Chaucer Charles


But they seem to be adjusting quite well, don't you think?
In fact, they LOVE it. They chase the birds on the beach, dive into the water and collect ever possible bur on their fur for mama to cut out.

I set up (work)shop in the yard for the working-from-home hours.


..which usually turns into all hours! 



SO when Christmas finally arrived, and I was not home in NY (I guess the snow and cold weather I avoided is a plus), and I realized I wouldn't have a soul to spend the day with... I got really sad. After all, it's christmas!



Christmas is a holiday that persecutes the lonely, the frayed, and the rejected.





Bless his heart, Tim tried his best to make Christmas as bearable as possible.

trying to be funny & cheer me up
 My pups were by my side the entire day. 
Willy and mama. A Christmas stroll on the beach

But I stayed in bed alone with them at my feet all day. It was a very sad feeling being all alone and made me really think about things. 



I realized:

 I have great friends. 
A long, long way away, but the ONLY Christrmas Card I had to open on Christmas was from this beautiful angel and my bestest friend ever. <3 



Bestest. Christmas Night we met up and celebrated the END of Christmas.

My two favorite in Chas,

Another GREAT,



 I have the two most stunning, brilliant, massive, sensitive and loyal dogs a gal could ask for. 







 A hobby turned career and business that I couldn't LOVE more. 
petticoatlaneboutique.weebly.com



bed turned bench for the cummings family for christmas
I have a family that no matter what will come to my rescue and defense. Sometimes in the oddest way possible (and not without a hard time), but always are there for me. 


I got the moves like Jagger. 

 No, seriously, I got mean dancing skills.




I live in the most Amazing, breathtaking and historic place. Charleston literally is un-be-lievable!

 There isn't a day I don't find myself having to catch my breath and bewildered. 




 I share this place with my favorites. 

These are the things I love and that I am fortunate to love, therefore how blessed I am. 

Like Van Gogh once wrote,
 Love many things;
for therein lies the true strength,
and whosoever loves much
performs much, and can
accomplish much.
And what is done in love
is done well.





So for Christmas, I was not alone. After all, it's not just a day, but a season...
And physically I may have been alone, but not in spirit.
And my gifts, albeit not under a tree, are all around me.