True North's Archive

Monday, May 28, 2012

Credit Roll


"Sittin' on a bench at West Town Mall
He sat down in his overalls and asked me
You waitin' on a woman
I nodded yeah and said how 'bout you
He said son since nineteen fifty-two I've been
Waitin' on a woman" - Brad Paisley, Waitin' on a Woman


Behind every great woman, is a man standing off to the side, holding her purse. They may hate it, and he undoubtedly will be flexing while doing so to look more manly, but he does it without hesitation.



As cliche as it is to use the movie The Notebook, I must do so. You know the part (every girl does) where Noah describes their relationship? Yup, that's us: 


"Thats is what we do...We fight. You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of the bitch and i tell you when you are a pain in that ass. 


Which you are, 99% of the time. I am not afriad to hurt your feelings.

 You have like a 2 second rebound. And you go back doing the next another pain in the ass thing. "



When I have phenomenal pictures of me and the dogs, or me and my girlfriends, Timmy's the one behind the scenes, piled in purses, juggling cameras. 



He makes me laugh. Either at him, or with him.

He holds my shoes while I dance. He's getting used to this free spirit... it's a struggle, but we're getting there.



He's the worst to shop with-- because he takes FOREVER. 

He's an excellent brother, uncle, godfather and son. Timmy is the most loyal, giving person you will EVER meet.






He's super strong... look at those big muscles. 

He twirls me. Awkwardly, but still, he does it. 

He pretty much will do anything for me. He uses terms like "Shabby Chic" and "distressed" and is working on furniture sometimes long after I've said "I'm over it". 





The most patient tennis coach to a very impatient student, he taught me to both love and play. As my mother always says about Timmy: Isn't it wonderful to have someone who believes in you as much as he does? Who is so proud of you?

I love you Timmy. Even though I don't give you enough credit for all you do, it doesn't mean I don't see it. Thank you for being my best friend, coach, purse holder, dog groomer, photographer, carpenter, and F.O.E ...

The End.
(In Order of Appearance)
The Greatest Man
Played by
Timmy K. Cummings